What will I be doing?
This scheme offers a first step into the television industry.
You could be a trainee Development Researcher supporting the creative process, an office Runner helping production teams, or assisting on location.
It won’t always be glamorous, but it’s a fantastic opportunity to kickstart your career.
You’ll be asked to do everything from getting teas to delivering props. With every task you will be gaining an incredible insight into how television works – and where you might fit into the industry.
Some things last year’s runners got up to:
- Logging material for the edit
- Assisting with kit on location
- Getting crew lunches & teas
- Looking after talent
What you need to do
- Be on time or preferably early!
- Have a can-do attitude - doing everything that is asked of you gets you new opportunities
- Make sure you are supporting the production - helping them out when they need it
- Be keen to learn - being a trainee is a fabulous viewpoint to observe how things work
- Be a good problem solver and have an ability to think on your feet
- Be organised and know how to prioritise what you need to get done
- Have a passion for television and the enthusiasm to develop your career
What will I get paid?
You will get the London Living Wage (currently £10.55 per hour)
How long is the contract?
The contract is for six months.
What training is on offer?
You’ll have a full programme of training, normally on a Saturday throughout the six months which will teach you everything you need to know to build a career in television production.
Where will I work?
There are some great companies on this year’s scheme - have a look at their web sites so you are familiar with the programmes they make:
To apply please fill in our application form.